Now You Can Install and Activate ESPN on Roku With Espn.com/activate
With the new espn.com/activate option, ESPN viewers can enjoy all their favorite streams on the go, through the ESPN app. Although only ESPN+ subscribers, the app can also be installed on the Roku device. This guide will show you a step-by-step guide on how to add ESPN to your Roku channel list and activate it so that you can follow all ESPN broadcasts and sporting events.
Not all devices qualify to use the ESPN app, so ensure that your device supports it before proceeding. A quick check at es.pn/Roku will show you the eight US networks you can stream on the ESPN App. They are Longhorn Network, SEC Network, Deportes, ESPN, ESPNews, ESPNU, ESPN 3, espn2, ESPN.
The es.pn/roku – ESPN app allows you to either live stream all ESPN networks through a participating pay-TV provider, or join as a subscriber to the ESPN+ services, giving you on-demand access to complete episodes. You can also join as a Cordcutter – you don’t have to subscribe to the ESPN+ service or a pay-TV service.
Installing the ESPN app on your Roku Device
You have two options of installing the app on your device;
- Via your computer or smartphone
- Via the Roku device
How to install the ESPN App via your smartphone or computer
- Visit the Roku website (htps://channelstore.roku.com/details/34376/espn) to add WATCHESPN channel
- You will be asked to log in to your Roku account before adding the channel.
- Wait for 24 hours or less for the channel to be added
- You can skip the automatic daily check for updates by updating your Roku device manually
- Once the update completes in a few minutes, you can watch your newly added Roku channel.
How to install the ESPN App via the Roku device
- Choose STREAMING CHANNELS on the Roku home screen
- Search for ESPN directly using the search function on the homepage
- You will be presented with several options
- Choose ESPN and press OK on your remote
- The ESPN channel will be added to your room device – it’ll be the last channel on the list.
Activating your ESPN or ESPN+
You can only watch live shows or videos on the ESPN channel after activation. By activation, it means you need to authenticate your Roku device subscription. To do this, log in to the ESPN+ and follow the steps below:
Note that this only works for subscribers of a pay-TV service.
- After opening the ESPN channel on your Roku device, locate the gear icon. It is usually in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- This takes you to the settings menu. Chose PROVIDERS ACCOUNT >> ACTIVATE LIVE TV. You will see your activation code – quickly write it down somewhere.
- Proceed immediately to espn.com/activateon an internet-enabled device. Type in the activation code you’ve noted down and click CONTINUE.
- The provider screen comes next. Here, choose your cable, streaming TV, or satellite service provider.
- The next and final step is to sign in to your TV services provider. If you do not have the credentials, feel free to contact your provider.
For ESPN+ subscribers
- Choose ESPN account and log in to your ESPN account
- Proceed immediately to https://es.pn/roku on an internet-enabled device. Type in the activation code you have on your Roku device and click CONTINUE.
- Log in to your ESPN+ account. It only takes a few seconds for automatic activation. Users with multiple Roku devices will have the ESPN channel added to all of them, after which they must activate each device separately.
Now you can enjoy all your favorite ESPN videos and streams on the go!